French Toast Roll Ups.
You can cook French Toast Roll Ups using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Toast Roll Ups
- You need 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted.
- It's 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It's 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- It's 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 8 slices of soft white bread, crusts removed.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter, for skillet.
- Prepare of Maple syrup, for serving.
French Toast Roll Ups instructions
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt 3 tablespoons butter until just melted..
- With a fork, stir in 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon until a smooth, spreadable mixture forms. Set aside..
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs & milk. Set aside..
- In another small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside..
- After trimming the crusts from each slice of bread, roll one slice out to about 1/8 inch thickness with a rolling pin..
- Spread each slice with a thin layer of the butter mixture & roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining bread slices & butter mixture..
- Place 3 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick sauté pan & let melt over medium heat. (If using a small pan use 2 tablespoons of butter).
- Dip one roll at a time in the egg mixture & place in the sauté pan. Allow roll ups to cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown & slightly crisp on the outside..
- Roll each one around in the cinnamon sugar mixture & coat well. Serve immediately with maple syrup..