Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs. If you've had the pleasure of a cheesy polenta dinner, topped with a creamy-yolked egg, you can imagine how good that combination is at breakfast This quick casserole for a crowd is exactly that, made elegant and easy so you can have a perfectly cooked portion..on Yummly Baked eggs over creamy polenta with chorizo…. for breakfast, brunch or dinner! These baked eggs are easy to fall in love with, not only Add grated cheese… any melty cheese will do- cheddar, jack, parmesan, mozzarella.
The idea for these polenta squares originally popped into my mind after seeing Megan's delicious and inviting recipe for Herbed Goat Cheese. Break eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup and slip one into each indentation. This cheesy polenta and eggs recipe from Cabot is a must try! You can cook Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs
- You need of polenta.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of salted butter.
- It's 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It's 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese plus 2 tablespoons.
Made with two rich types of Cabot cheese and our decadent sour cream, you're sure to love it. Crack eggs into skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook to desired doneness. Creamy goat cheese grits topped with a fried egg and roasted vegetables. This is a delicious The first was a polenta bowl at a farm-to-table restaurant in Omaha called Kitchen Table.
Cheesy breakfast polenta with eggs step by step
- In a sauce pan bring broth and butter to a boil..
- In a bowl, combine milk and corn meal and mix well..
- Slowly add corn meal to boiling broth..
- Whisk continuously until mixture returns to boil, then reduce to low..
- Cook 10 minutes or until it thickens, slowly whisking..
- Remove from heat and add one and one quarter cup of cheese..
- Pour mixture into two individual greased oven proof bowls. Crack one egg in the center of each bowl. With a spoon, make a well for egg to sit in..
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven just until egg sets, just a few minutes. If the yolk stays soft or a little runny all the better..
- Garnish with remaining cheese, chives, a dash of salt,if you prefer and white pepper..
My bowl looked pretty similar to what you see here, but with a poached egg. This baked polenta with cheese side dish is reminiscent of scalloped potatoes, except it's just thinly sliced store-bought polenta in a decadent View image. Baked Polenta with Cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Protein-rich egg breakfasts are fluffy and delicious, plus they These cornmeal breakfast muffins have scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, and bacon strips baked right in. Simply layer poached eggs and a homemade tomato-pepper sauce over fried polenta to make.