Chocolate French toast.
You can have Chocolate French toast using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate French toast
- You need 6 slice of day old French bread.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dutch cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salted butter.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tbsp of white sugar.
Chocolate French toast instructions
- In one medium sized bowl crack and beat 3 eggs until paler in color.
- Once the eggs are thoroughly whisked pour in 1/2 cup of milk and combine.
- Next add all spices to egg and milk mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Lastly pour in the vanilla extract and the egg mixture is ready.
- Melt butter in pan on medium high heat just until slightly brown.
- Begin soaking and placing slices of bread on the pan making sure to drip off any excess egg.
- Serve with sour cream, jam, cinnamon sugar or any other topping you prefer and enjoy a deliciously chocolatey French toast!.