Our Favorite Waffles.
You can have Our Favorite Waffles using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Our Favorite Waffles
- It's 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk OR buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 of egg.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Our Favorite Waffles instructions
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well..
- Whisk in milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla..
- Let the batter sit for 30 minutes..
- Preheat waffle iron..
- You can skip the nonstick spray on the waffle iron - the oil in the batter will allow the waffles to release easily.(Vintage cookware would be an exception).
- Pour batter & cook waffles according to your machine's instructions..
- Serve and enjoy. Leftovers heat wonderfully in the toaster..
- This makes 6-7 waffles in my waffle maker which has 4"×5" plates..
- "Waffle of Insane Greatness" recipe courtesy of Aretha Frankensteins..