Buttermilk pancakes. Fresh buttermilk is the secret ingredient for light and fluffy cakes in this buttermilk pancake recipe. Classic Buttermilk Pancakes -- made completely from scratch! Pancakes are the hero of the breakfast table, and their very taste can even be described as "deeply breakfasty": eggy, salty, just this Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk.
So much better than a box mix! Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula. Buttermilk Pancakes are deliciously buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavour. You can cook Buttermilk pancakes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk pancakes
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 4 tbsp of sugar (Add more if you prefer sweeter).
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1.5 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional).
- It's of Oil to fry.
Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well. I used uncultured buttermilk, and the pancakes were thin and rubbery. Perhaps Martha meant to state that the buttermilk should be cultured. One of the BEST buttermilk pancake recipes I have found.
Buttermilk pancakes step by step
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients together and mix till light consistency.
- Heat the pan to a medium heat; using a soup ladle scoup the mixture onto the pan and sway the pan side to side till you form a nice circle.
- Let it cook till browned and turn on the other side and as well browned nicely.
- Add little oil and cook for less than 1min both sides.
- Continue with the rest mixture.
- Serve with tea or plain for options drip with honey..
Thick, fluffy pancakes served the American way with glazed bacon and maple syrup. Well bakers, my Perfect Buttermilk Pancakes recipe here to answer all of your questions, troubleshoot all of your pitfalls and ensure that every time you have that pancake craving — you can deliver with. Light and fluffy, these classic buttermilk pancakes are eager to soak up the pools of melted butter and maple syrup required of the breakfast of (y)our dreams. These Buttermilk Pancakes have the perfect fluffy and light texture, and delicious flavor. They're easy to make using simple scratch ingredients!