Vickys Sardine Breakfast Bake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Sardine Breakfast Bake, GF DF EF SF NF using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Sardine Breakfast Bake, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 8 tbsp of sunflower spread/ butter plus extra for greasing.
- It's 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- You need 12 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- It's 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 4 can (120 g) of each) of sardines in oil, drained.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of rice milk or milk of choice.
Vickys Sardine Breakfast Bake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease 4 ovenproof bowls or individual casserole dishes.
- Melt the sunflower spread in a frying pan and gently fry off the onion, garlic and potatoes for 5 minutes or so until the onion is softened.
- Season with salt & pepper and a little thyme or rosemary if you like.
- Divide half of the potato & onion mixture between the 4 bowls.
- Make sure to remove the sardines bones if they aren't already filleted and layer the fish on top.
- Cover with the remaining potato mixture and pour a tbsp of milk over each bowl.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes then bake uncovered for 5 minutes to colour the tops or put under the grill/broiler.
- Serve with hot buttered toast.
- You can use sardines in tomato sauce too, use basil instead of thyme for flavouring.