Egg Sandwich and Masala Tea (Classic breakfast from Indian Coffee House Kolkata).
You can have Egg Sandwich and Masala Tea (Classic breakfast from Indian Coffee House Kolkata) using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg Sandwich and Masala Tea (Classic breakfast from Indian Coffee House Kolkata)
- Prepare of For Egg Sandwich:.
- It's 6 of fresh slices of bread with edges discarded.
- Prepare 2 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tb of freshly crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tb of butter at room temperature.
- It's of For Masala Tea/ Doodh Cha:(2 servings).
- Prepare 1 cup of plain milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 of green cardamom pods coarsely pounded.
- It's 1 piece of clove.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger deskined and slightly crushed.
- Prepare to taste of Sugar.
- You need 2 Tb of plain tea leaves.
Egg Sandwich and Masala Tea (Classic breakfast from Indian Coffee House Kolkata) instructions
- Egg Sandwich:.
- Deshell the hard boiled eggs once cool and place them on a plate.
- Chop them fine using a sharp knife.
- Add salt to taste and fresh pepper crushed and mix.
- Add butter and combine well and mash slightly using a fork or spoon.
- Place a generous amount of egg mix on one of the bread slices and cover it with another and slice the sandwich if desired..
- Finish the rest of the Sandwiches similarly.
- Doodh Cha:.
- Combine tea leaves, milk and water and bring on a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Once boiled reduce heat and add sugar, ginger,cardamom and clove.
- Stir once with a spoon and let the tea simmer on Low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain the tea after taking off heat and serve hot with egg sandwich.
- Tip: Black Pepper is the only condiment used to flavour the sandwich, hence make sure you use freshly crushed ones.