Cornbread (Muffins or Bread). Cornbread in muffin form equals the perfect side dish to just about anything! These cornbread muffins are moist, flavorful, and they come These easy one-bowl cornbread muffins are the best! Tried-and-true, I've been making them for over a decade.
These cornbread muffins are hearty and satisfying, and you can make them with sugar or without, depending on if you like your cornbread sweet or We like the way the sides of the muffins turn all golden brown and crispy when they're baked directly in the pan. For a lighter, more tender corn. These corn muffins are basically the corniest of corn muffins out there! You can cook Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cornbread (Muffins or Bread)
- It's 1 cup of cornmeal.
- It's 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- It's 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted then cooled slightly.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- It's 1 cup of buttermilk, room temperature.
- You need of For Muffin Variation Add:.
- It's 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Optional Add In's...Add up to 1 cup (total) of the following :.
- You need of ·Corn Kernels.
- You need of ·Diced Jalapenos.
- You need of ·Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of ·Blueberries.
- Prepare of ·Dried Cranberries and Walnuts.
If you've ever made cornbread, you know that you typically use much more flour than cornmeal, but in these muffins, the ratio is reversed. I balked at it at first because I thought that they could be a little dry and dense. Honey cornbread muffins recipe that's easy, fast and will perfectly compliment any feast. These golden muffins have cornmeal and sweet honey in each bite.
Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) instructions
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar and honey until all combined and no lumps of sugar remains. Then whisk in the egg until just combined. Then whisk in the buttermilk..
- If making muffins rather than the bread, whisk in the vegetable oil to the wet mix along with the honey and sugar***.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined. Careful not to overmix. In using an add-in ingredient, fold them in now..
- For Muffins: Spoon batter into greased muffin tins (either normal sized or mini), filling all the way to the top. Cooking times and temperatures for muffins listed in Step 6 and Step 7. For bread, skip to Step 8..
- For Normal Sized Muffins: Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then while keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the temperature to 350°F. Continue baking for another 15-17 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if centers are cooked through..
- For Mini Muffins: Bake for 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (mini muffins pictured)..
- For Bread: Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch square baking pan. Pour batter in and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing..
- Store leftovers at room temperature for up to 1 week..
There's something about freshly baked cornbread muffins that makes me smile. I crave those sweet corn cakes. I actually made it twice because the dog got to my first batch.she loved them. Sweet, buttermilk cornbread muffins that are super easy to make and super tasty too. I've got a man in the house that loves cornbread.